- Comets are mostly frozen water and in fact, might have something to do with water being on Earth. Source: NASA.
- There is the same amount of water on Earth as there was when the Earth was first formed. Source: USEPA.
- Over 68 percent of the Earths freshwater is stored inside of ice and glaciers. Source: NASA Climate Kids.
- Water is the only substance that is found naturally on Earth in three forms: liquid, gas, and solid. Source: AQUARION
- Drinking too much water can be fatal (known as water intoxication). Source: DRILCORP.
- Frozen water is 9% lighter than water, which explains why ice floats. Source: AquaMaster.
- 1.7% of the world’s water is frozen and therefore unusable. Source: Seametrics.
- There are an estimated 326 million trillion gallons of water on earth. Source: Seametrics.
- A person can live about a month without food, but only about a week without water. Source: USEPA .
- Water molecules are so good at sticking to each other that they can overcome the force of gravity. Source: SnowBrains .
California's Water Board orders BlueTriton to cease certain water-bottling activities due to unauthorized water diversions in Strawberry Canyon.
Monsoon rains have aided Utah's water resources, but the shrinking Great Salt Lake faces environmental and financial challenges, drawing global attention.