- Comets are mostly frozen water and in fact, might have something to do with water being on Earth. Source: NASA.
- There is the same amount of water on Earth as there was when the Earth was first formed. Source: USEPA.
- Over 68 percent of the Earths freshwater is stored inside of ice and glaciers. Source: NASA Climate Kids.
- Water is the only substance that is found naturally on Earth in three forms: liquid, gas, and solid. Source: AQUARION
- Drinking too much water can be fatal (known as water intoxication). Source: DRILCORP.
- Frozen water is 9% lighter than water, which explains why ice floats. Source: AquaMaster.
- 1.7% of the world’s water is frozen and therefore unusable. Source: Seametrics.
- There are an estimated 326 million trillion gallons of water on earth. Source: Seametrics.
- A person can live about a month without food, but only about a week without water. Source: USEPA .
- Water molecules are so good at sticking to each other that they can overcome the force of gravity. Source: SnowBrains .
Two water cases involving the Navajo Nation's water right claims have been placed on the U.S. Supreme Court docket.
Tips from Young Writers: When it comes to saving water but staying clean, what's better -- bath or shower?