The Salt River Project, one of the largest water suppliers to the Phoenix area, is giving a virtual seminar on water conservation. Participants will receive a discount on a smart irrigation controller.
The annual event, titled “SRP Water Conservation Expo Workshops,” will feature presentations about:
- History. Information will be presented about SRP’s history as a water and power provider, as well as how the company helped shape Arizona and the West since its founding in 1903.
- Surface Water Resources. The strategies and practices SRP uses to maintain a resilient and reliable water supply will be shared.
- Measurement Service. Monitoring and measuring Arizona’s water and snow is an important activity, providing key indicators can help predict water total today and in the future.
- Canal Multiple Use. SRP’s canal system has a unique history. SRP continues to work with communities to make them a “valued source of joy, recreation and water.”
The discounted smart irrigation controllers available to participants can help attendees (who don’t flood irrigate) save at least 20 percent or more of water than a traditional controller for landscape irrigation.
According to SRP, its expo is the largest one-day distribution of smart irrigation controllers in the nation. Nearly 8,800 smart controllers have been distributed over the past 14 years, which translates into an approximate water savings of about 175 million gallons. This is based on the average household water use of 12,000 gallons per month before installation of a smart controller.
The virtual event will be conducted on Zoom and is scheduled for:
- Tuesday, July 12, 12 – 1 p.m.
- Thursday, July 14, 12 – 1 p.m.
- Saturday, July 16, 9 – 10 a.m.
More information about the event and discounts, with links to the online registration forms, is available on SRP’s website.
Leave a Reply